82C Color Correction
- Built for Film Photographers
- Cools color temperature 400°K to balance warm lighting conditions
- Helps match the desired white balance of the scene
- 6 layers of Hoya Multi-Coating (HMC)
The 82C color correction filter cools the ambient light entering the lens by 400° kelvin by adding blue to the overall exposure. The filter helps fine-tune the color or look of your scene to match your film's white balance.
The Hoya 82C filter is helpful when:
- You are using Tungsten Balanced film and the light source is warmer than the traditional 3200° K and you need a specific amount of color correction to match your film type. Candles and low-watt incandescent bulbs are good examples of warm light sources.
- You are shooting at sunrise or sunset with Daylight balanced film and the overall scene is too warm. The filter will help cool the scene for a more natural look.
HOYA Multi-Coat (HMC) filters are recommended for enhancing the performance of today’s multicoated lenses. These popular filters minimize reflection, reduce flare and ghosting, and result in over 97% average light transmission.
Hoya 82 Series Comparison:
Filter Type Cooling Amount (in degrees Kevin) 82A 200° 82B 300° 82C 400° Filter Factor: 2/3 stop Glass Type: Hoya Optical Number of Multi-Coatings: 6 total / 3 each side Hardened Top Layer: No Anti-Static: No Frame Construction: Standard Profile / Aluminum Front Filter Threads: Yes