- Softens overall image
- Softness increases towards outer edges
- Helps to isolate subject
- Concentric lines etched on glass produce effect
The Hoya DUTO Diffuser filter has fine concentric lines etched into the glass to create a softening effect that results in a sharp center and gradually fades out of focus toward the outer edges.
Different from the Diffuser filter because the center of the image remains sharp whereas the Hoya Diffuser filter creates an overall soft look.
The DUTO Diffuser filter is helpful when:
- Subject is in the center of the frame
- “Softening” the outer areas of a portrait with a sharper center
- Product Photography with emphasis on subject remaining sharp
The filter features a lightweight standard aluminum frame to house the glass and signature Hoya casing.
Filter Factor: N/A Glass Type: Hoya Optical Number of Multi-Coatings: 0 Hardened Top Layer: No Anti-Static: No Frame Construction: Standard Profile / Aluminum Front Filter Threads: Yes