Star 4 / Cross Screen Filter
- Creates a four-point Star effect from point light sources
- Turns specular highlights into four-point stars
- Works well on cars, signs, and street lamps at night
The Hoya Star 4 / Cross Screen filter helps create more drama in your image by turning strong point-light sources into four-pointed stars. There is also an overall softening effect throughout the entire image when using this filter. Control the direction of the points by rotating the filter.
The Hoya Star 4 / Cross Screen filter is helpful when:
- The specular highlights in your image need more drama
- Cars, signs, and street lamps with strong specular highlights
- Softening the entire image
Smaller, pointed light sources will create more of a star-like effect while larger dimmer light sources will bloom or halate.
Filter Factor: Zero Glass Type Hoya Clear Number of Multi-Coatings: Zero Hardened Top Layer: No Anti-Static: No Frame Construction: Standard Profile / Aluminum Front Filter Threads: Yes