81B Color Correction
- Built for Film Photographers that use Daylight film
- Great to use on cloudy days or in the shade where colors tend to look cool
- Warms color temperature (300°K) to help balance cool lighting conditions
- 6 layers of HMC multi-coating
- 81B is adds more "warmth" than 81A
PLEASE NOTE: This product is discontinued and no longer being manufactured by the factory. It is possible that inventory is available through retailers and online.
Slightly stronger warming effect than the 81A, the 81B corrects the tendency toward bluish tones. For example, the 81B should be selected when using tungsten Type B color film (3200°K) with photoflood lamps (3500°K). The 81B can also be used to add a noticeably warm cast to a daylight scene.
HMC (HOYA MULTI COATED) These popular filters are renowned for their ability to minimize reflection at the filter surfaces that reduces flare and ghosting. The result is an average light transmission of over 97%, giving sharp contrast and well-balanced color. HOYA HMC filters are recommended for enhancing the performance of today's multicoated lenses.
Filter Factor: 1/2 stop Glass Type: Hoya Optical Number of Multi-Coatings: 6 layers / 3 per side Hardened Top Layer: No Anti-Static: No Frame Construction: Standard Profile / Aluminum Front Filter Threads: Yes