HMC X0 - Yellow-Green
- Built for Black & White Film Photography
- Creates separation and tonal contrast between different types of Green Foliage
- Darkens blue skies slightly and lightens oceans
- Perfect for landscapes and gardens where green trees and grass are dominant subjects
- 6 layers of HMC multi-coating
The Hoya XO yellow-green filter is used primarily for black and white photography with a digital camera set to black & white or a film camera. The XO is highly effective for outdoor portraits because red is rendered dark while green appears lighter. It’s also great for correcting skin tones, bringing out facial expressions in close-ups and emphasizing the feeling of liveliness.
For Color Photography: While this filter was designed for black & white photography, it can be used with color film to produce specific color effects.
HMC (HOYA MULTI COATED) These popular filters are renowned for their ability to minimize reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting. The result is an average light transmission of over 97%, giving sharp contrast and well-balanced color. HOYA HMC filters are recommended for enhancing the performance of today's multicoated lenses.
Filter Factor: 1.5 stops Glass Type: Hoya Optical Number of Multi-Coatings: 6 layers / 3 per side Hardened Top Layer: No Anti-Static: No Frame Construction: Standard Profile / Aluminum Front Filter Threads: Yes