SOFT A Filter
- The HOYA SOFT A and B filters create a clear focus with soft gradation.
- It uses tiny lenses-shaped like drops of water on the surface of optical acrylic.
- Hoya Soft filters come in two grades: A & B.
- Soft B is stronger than Soft A.
- These filters work best when used with an object having a point light source such as a candle or match.
The HOYA SOFT A and B are filters with randomly arranging tiny lenses-shaped like drops of water on the surface of optical acrylic. This pattern subtly scatters light resulting in a picture with a clear focus and a soft gradation, and this effect is especially evident with an object with a point light source. The effect is similar to the classic Softar portrait filters.
Filter Factor: N/A Number of Multi-Coatings: 0 Hardened Top Layer: No Anti-Static: No Frame Construction: Standard Profile / Aluminum Front Filter Threads: Yes