W10 Umber Warming Color Conversion
- Designed for Film Photographers
- Converts Color Temperature by 1950°K (+100 Mired Shift)
- Use with Tungsten Balance Film in Daylight conditions
- Excellent for CineStill 800T
- 6 layers of HMC multi-coating
- Equivalent to @85 Filter
W10 color conversion filter warms the ambient light entering the lens by 1950° kelvin (+100 mired shift) by adding dark amber color to the overall exposure. This filter is excellent when using tungsten balanced film like Cinestill 800T and want to create a natural look when shoot outside during the daytime.
The Hoya W10 filter is helpful when:
You are using tungsten-balanced film and want to capture natural colors during the daytime instead of the heavy blue cast the film will create.
You are shooting tungsten-balanced film indoors with 5500°K light sources like flashed or studio strobes
- W10 is not as strong as the W12 so it will produce a slightly warmer look when used with standard tungsten balance film
HOYA Multi-Coat (HMC) filters are recommended for enhancing the performance of today’s multicoated lenses. These popular filters minimize reflection, reduce flare and ghosting, and result in over 97% average light transmission.
Comparison of C Series Filters:
200°K (+20 Mired Shift)
500° K (+40 Mired Shift)
1950° (+100 Mired Shift)
@85 W12 2200° (+120 Mired Shift) @85B Exposure loss: 1 Stop Mired Shift +100 Equivalent Filter 85 Glass Type: Hoya Optical Number of Multi-Coatings: 6 total / 3 each side Hardened Top Layer: No Anti-Static: No Frame Construction: Low Profile / Aluminum Front Filter Threads: Yes